poniedziałek, 3 listopada 2014

Preparing for Polish Champs part VI



The next training, on a sprint distance map was held In Bednarski Park. Type of this race was supposed to develop skills, which was useful at the Championships in Warsaw, but there are some elements, which I have to train for Champs in June. Mainly, It’s about speed of decisions making at the start and speed of putting specific options into practice. The training consisted of a mass start, with a variety itineraries.

On the first route, my starting reaction was really good, I kicked off very fast, maybe too fast. On the first meters Toporek (our new 800 meters star) was better than me, later Tomek overtook me too. I made about 2’’ mistake on the third point, but he made a bigger one on the fourth. And I came first.


On the second one, my starting reaction wasn’t so good, but I didn’t make any mistakes. Good approaching the points, fast decisions and first place.


 On the third itinerary my starting reaction was maybe my best one, but total stupidity on the second point cost me about 15’’-20’’ seconds. What’s more I wasn’t sure, where fourth point was supposed to stand and I came after Lupek and small Ada.
On the fourth one my starting reaction was fast, but the worst, as if was possible. ‘Jerk, idiot’ – I shouted at myself. Maybe about 1’ mistake, later I didn’t have enough strength for chasing other runners (this day I generally didn’t have any strengths), so I came long after many other competitors.

The fifth route brought me the longest starting reaction, and many other slow decisions. However, after the second point I overtook Lupek, who finally beat me on uphill running. Really, really strange. I came about 1-2 seconds after him.

The last route was intensive swearing in the bushes, lack of mistakes on approaching the points and not a large loss to Marcin, who had different route option. I wasn’t satisfied after this training.

This training, for sure, was a good accent before Champs in MIX Relay. When it comes to champs in June, I know, that I still have too many lacks, but practice makes perfect.

It’s gonna be okay!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz